AFSA members are required to demonstrate and practice high standards of professional conduct at all times in their work with children, families, other staff, committee members and the wider community.
This Code of Conduct supports the inclusive practices.
It is important that the behaviours of all members reflect the professional principles and values of AFSA, the early childhood sector, educational settings and the outdoor professional community.
This Code of Conduct applies to all members of AFSA
MEMBER CODE OF BEHAVIOUR
All members of AFSA or participants in any events are required to meet the following in regard to your conduct during any activity held or sanctioned by AFSA and in any role you hold within the Association.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others and be inclusive of gender, ability, cultural background and religion.
- Be fair, considerate and honest in all dealings.
- Be professional in, and accept responsibility for your actions.
- Be aware of and maintain adhesion to AFSA Guiding Principles and policies.
- Refrain from any behaviour that may bring AFSA into disrepute ie: .Do not use your involvement with AFSA to promote your own beliefs, behaviours or practices where these are inconsistent with those of AFSA, including political preferences.
- Resolve conflicts fairly and promptly through established procedures.
- Be aware of your legal responsibilities.
- Understand the repercussions if you breach, or are aware of any breaches of, this code of behaviour – eg: cancellation of membership